Bruschetta is one of my favourite go-to lunch ideas. If I have leftover dip (most of the time is hummus), I would smear it on a slice of bread and top it with a fried egg. Another favourite combination is smashed avocado with lemon juice, salt and generous amount of freshly milled black pepper and olive oil!
Today, Plate Up and I am delighted to share with you an easy no-cook bruschetta idea which you can easily whip it at home especially for those who work from home. It is Tuscan kale tabouli on bread – a twist to the traditional tabouli which is usually served as a side dish.
Why not serve tabouli as a main instead? With flavourful addition such as semi dried tomatoes and roasted peppers, tabouli has given a star makeover, I’d say! *wink*
Here’s another thought, if you have feta on hand, it would also make a fantastic topping for the kale tabouli bruschetta!
(This video is shot as part of the Lunch Break video series which serves up bite-sized inspiration for weekday lunches specifically ideas on fuss free lunches at work. These recipes are easy, delicious and great for those who have an aversion to leftovers! For more beautifully shot and plated work lunch ideas, please check out the Plate Up Youtube Channel here)
- ¼ cup instant couscous
- ½ cup boiling hot water
- 2 French shallots
- ½ cup semi dried tomatoes
- 3 mini roasted peppers
- A handful of Italian parsley
- 5 -6 Tuscan kale
- Garlic olive oil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from half a lemon
- Soak couscous in boiling hot water. Cover and leave for 10 minutes.
- Peel and thinly slice onion and cut semi dried tomatoes into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- Return to gently fluff the couscous. Cover and set aside.
- Slice roasted peppers, parsley and Tuscan kale.
- Put the kale into large mixing bowl and generously drizzle to coat kale with garlic olive oil.
- Add couscous, semi dried tomatoes, onion and parsley into the mixing bowl. Squeeze juice from half a lemon and drizzle with unflavoured olive oil.
- Add roasted peppers and gently toss all the ingredients to mix.
- Slice your favourite crusty bread and top it with this Tuscan kale tabouli. Your healthy lunch is now ready to serve. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply