“We live in an age when pizza gets to your home before the police.” ~ Jeff Marder.
I find it quite difficult to make pizza at home when it is only a phone call or a few clicks away. However, since my hub and I have been ordering pizza rather frequently of late, I have completely changed my thoughts about home made pizza. Striving to stray away from the generic pizzas that I have grown tired of, I’m hoping to make something a little more gourmet-esque. That’s where my smoked salmon and asparagus toppings come into play. Instead of going for the usual pizza base, I have “sized zero” the pizza base by using Lebanese breads to leave extra room for chocolate fudge ice cream for dessert.
Smoked Salmon & Asparagus Pizza
(A fuss free cooking recipe)
Make 2 pizzas
2 Lebanese Breads
2 tbsp of cream cheese
100 g of smoked salmon (about 50g per pizza)
1 bunch of asparagus (shortened, slit into half and blanched)
Freshly ground pepper
Some chopped spring onions (or dill)
1. Preheat oven to 200 degree celsius.
2. Spread cream cheese on the Lebanese bread.
3. Arrange asparagus and tear smoked salmon on the bread.
4. Sprinkle parmesan cheese, ground pepper and olive oil (optional) over the pizza
5. Melt the cheese in the preheated oven.
6. Garnish the pizza with some spring onion/dill.
Leave a Reply