There’s something so refreshing about bubbly drinks. When I feel a little exhausted or after a bad day and when “I need a drink” moment seems to be the most logical thing to do – my drink of choice is something along the line of mocktails, lemonade or just a simple sparkling mineral water with slices of lemon. (Unfortunately, alcohol and I don’t mix).
Having a jug of homemade strawberry syrup on hand is probably the best thing I have in the fridge for the past week. I have been drizzling the syrup on my sundae, toasts and yoghurt. It’s matter of time I paint my lemonade (and in this case limenade) red with a dash of the fruitilicious syrup.
(followed roughly from the Woolworths Fresh Magazine – issue 67 September 2011 – it’s free for everyone!)
To make 2 cups of limenade
- 1/4 cup of homemade strawberry syrup (adjust to taste)
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 2 cups sparkling mineral water (chilled)
- 2 whole strawberries for decoration
- Pour strawberry syrup in your glasses. Add lime juice.
- Fill your glasses with your choice of sparkling mineral water.
- Give them a quick stir and you’re ready to sip! If you like to be fancy pants like me, slit a whole strawberry from the bottom halfway and sit it on the rim of the glass.