My beloved has put in a request for homemade gingerbread men which I may or may not make some for him on this coming weekend. 😉 I gotta show him somehow that he can’t always get what he wanted haha! (Gosh, it’s fun to be
annoying cheeky sometimes!!)
In the meantime, instead of going through the process of making an army of gingerbread men, I took the fuss free route and whipped up these gingerbread muffins instead. I love having homemade baked goods at this time of the year. Nothing feels more festive than having sweet, spicy and warm scent of gingerbread spices filled the air.
I hope you’re enjoying a tonne of homemade baked goods too! What have you been baking lately?
- 125g unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsps baking powder
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F. Line the muffin pan with muffin cases (I used cake cups instead).
- Melt the butter in a microwave in a heat proof bowl. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, ground ginger, ground cinnamon and brown sugar. Use a whisk to mix the dry ingredients together and break up any chunky brown sugar lumps. Set aside.
- Add eggs and milk to the cooled melted butter. Whisk until well mixed with a fork.
- Stir in the wet mixture into the flour mixture and whisk until just combined.
- Divide the batter into 12 paper cases lined muffin holes. Smooth the top and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the tin and allow them to cool completely on a wire rack.
If you like what you see here, why not subscribe to Fuss Free Cooking for regular meal inspirations delivered straight to your inbox!
Helen | Grab Your Fork says
Ha I didn’t make gingerbread men this year either because I ran outta time but gingerbread muffins is GENIUS. Happy New Year Emily. Here’s to an even tastier 2015 😀
Happy New Year to you too!