Beginning from the past weekend, I have been making banana smoothie for breakfast. I am trying to take breakfast seriously and this super easy and fruit laden smoothie has been a great motivator. It is surprisingly filling and I have been feeling a bit more energetic than usual ever since (perhaps it’s psychological hehe!).
The beauty of homemade smoothie is that it can be jam-packed with fruits. I sometimes find smoothies from the shops do not contain as much fruits as I would like. They tend to be heavier on the fruit juices, sorbet and yoghurt which can be a wee bit too sweet. Having said that, I did enjoy my fair share of adding sorbet and flavoured yogurt in my smoothie. Whoops!
Since this is my breakfast smoothie, I want to keep it simple and as wholesome as possible. For a start I remove the sorbet from the equation as I wonder how others feel about me starting the day with sorbet in my smoothie.
Banana, Strawberry & Chia Seeds Smoothie
Makes about 300ml/10 fluid ounces – about 2 short glasses
What you’ll need:-
- 2 bananas, peeled & sliced
- 6 fairly large strawberries (almost 200g/7 ounces), hulled and diced
- 1 cup low fat milk or soy milk
- 2 tbsps Greek yogurt (vanilla flavoured is preferred)
- 2 tsps chia seeds as toppings
Equipment – a stick blender + a large tumbler or bottle
(1) Hull and dice strawberries. Add to a large tumbler. (2) Peel and slice bananas and add to the tumbler. (3) Then add milk and yoghurt with the bananas and strawberries. (4) Blend until smooth. Transfer to 2 glasses and top with chia seeds. Serve immediately.