This delicious and easy to make home baked fish fingers recipe is a keeper for this holiday season. Don’t we all love a healthier party food?
Since my baked chicken parmigiana has turned out to be a great success, my oven has been working overdrive baking crumbed chicken (case in point my chicken katsu curry don).
Well, my friends, I have done it again!
These fish fingers were baked. And …. you’ll only need 5 ingredients.
Besides the fish, it is highly likely that you already have all the remaining ingredients in the kitchen.
Easy peasy kid friendly party food, here we go!
- Olive oil spray
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg (2 small eggs)
- 1 Tbsp dry oregano
- 500g/1 pound firm white fish, sliced into 3cm (an inch) in width
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit (392 degree Fahrenheit).
- Line baking tray with parchment paper and light grease with olive oil spray. Set aside.
- Pour dry breadcrumbs on a large dinner plate.
- In a large flat bowl, add an egg and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. (I used about 1/2 tsp salt). Using a fork, beat the egg until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Dunk the fish slices in the eggs mixture. Make all surfaces are covered in the egg mixture.
- Then coat the fish with breadcrumbs and place it on the prepared baking tray. Do the same for all the fish slices.
- Bake the fish fingers in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until they turned golden brown on both sides. Turning once.
- Allow the fish fingers to rest for a minute before serving.
- Serve with your favourite condiments/sauces. Enjoy!
For this recipe, I used pink link. Other common firm white fish is hoki fish.
Leave a Reply