There’s something about serving food on a platter that exudes the wow factor. While others may dress to impress, I choose to cook to impress. When I am cooking for for my hub and I , I mostly opt for plain one dish meals. Once in a while, I think it’s nice to spice things up a little in our diet department and hence the simple haloumi and salad platter for brunch. There’s not much cooking and skills required really. All it takes is to put the ingredients together, a bit of pan fry action and voila, brunch is ready!
Haloumi Cheese Platter (Quick Brunch Idea)
(A fuss free cooking recipe)
1 loaf of turkish bread, sliced
A couple of cherry tomatoes, diced
A handful of parsley, chopped
A packet of haloumi, sliced 1 cm thick
Juice of 1/3 of lemon
Good extra virgin olive oil
Some hot chilli mustard (or any relishes of your choice)
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Toast the turkish bread in the oven for about 5 minutes. Leave it in the oven to stay warm.
2. To prepare the salad, mix tomatoes and parsley with a couple of drizzles of ollive oil, lemon juice and some pepper. Set aside.
3. Heat up pan with some olive oil and black pepper. Once the oil is hot, pan fry both sides of the sliced haloumi on medium heat until golden brown.
4. Arrange the salad and haloumi on a plate. I have also added olive and hot chilli mustard to go with the platter.
5. Just before serving, slice the bread and squeeze some lemon juice over the haloumi. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply