I am so glad to be back and I hope you are all doing great!
Today, I have a delicious prawn recipe to share with you. Grilling is one of my favourite ways to cook prawns as it is a surefire way to end up with a tasty prawn dish.
Additionally, prawns only take minutes to cook. All you need is a flavourful marinade and Bob’s your uncle!
Sriracha sauce is one of my must-have condiments. My beloved is obsessed with it to the extent that he substitutes the conventional dips for Sriracha sauce when snacking on carrots and celery sticks. Isn’t that strange? Well, I suppose this a way for him to increase his vegetable intake ha!
Sriracha sauce is complimentary with prawns. So I have concocted a spicy, sweet and sour marinade to make my prawns sing.
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- Rind of 1/2 lime, grated
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 1/4 Tbsps Sriracha sauce (to taste)
- Salt (I added about 1 tsp)
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 500g raw prawns (500g is net weight minus the shell)
- 9 bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- In a large bowl, add garlic, grated lime rind, cooking oil, Sriracha sauce, salt, brown sugar and lime juice. With a fork, whisk to combine until smooth consistency is achieved.
- Add prawns to the marinade and mix well.
- Thread the prawns onto bamboo skewers. I used a shorter bamboo skewers and I threaded 4 prawns on each skewer.
- Heat a cast iron pan on medium high. When the pan is hot, grill prawn skewers for about 2 minutes on each side or until the prawns are cooked through (the flesh will turn opaque with a slight pink).
These prawns skewers will pair very well other simple dishes such as curry quinoa fried “rice” or easy Thai fried rice.
These look so delicious and easy to make! Love the video instructions too 🙂
The Hungry Mum says
Prawns are my fav ever food and this meal is making my mouth water.