Hello guys! Welcome to Fuss Free Cooking. Welcome to my repertoire, my cooking journal and photo albums on the food I’ve made at home. I am not a trained professional nor ever worked in a culinary field. The closest thing to it is me being a waitress in a Noodle shop, which I did learn a couple of dishes while observing the chef in action.
I hope to inspire, not to teach. I hope to inspire people to cook at home, enjoying food that is simple and comforting. Be prepared for an image heavy blog as I love sharing my cooking experience visually with you.
|I grew up on a beautiful island called PENANG, MALAYSIA. When you mentioned Penang to any Malaysian, the first thing that comes to mind is usually “wow, nice hawker food over there!” Oh yes, I’ve been blessed with super delicious and inexpensive Penang street food, restaurants as well as a family of avid home cooks who love to make things from scratch and adventurous with trying various cuisines.Then, I moved to TASMANIA, AUSTRALIA and lived there for a couple of years for my undergraduate degree. Part of me wished that I should have started blogging then as there are so many wonderful restaurants and cafes that Tasmania that I’d like to feature. The scenery in Tassie is breathtaking. I had many fond memories of my stay in Tassie. Perhaps, it is because somewhere along the way I met the love of my life (addressed as “my beloved” on this blog).Due to my beloved’s work commitment, we started to move around in various regional areas in New South Wales which include Tamworth, Bathurst and my favourite place of all, ORANGE.
As we began to feel a little more settled in Orange, an exciting work opportunity arose for my beloved which prompted another move. At the end of August 2014, we relocated to MELBOURNE.
|The feeling of isolation from moving into a new town and working remotely as an accountant has motivated me to start this blog in March 2010. At first, it was daunting at the thought of sharing what I cooked on internet. What will people say about my cooking? Will people criticise me because I’m just an everyday home cook, not professionally trained? How about my writing? I’m not a writer…. you can imagine the thousands of questions and self-doubts filled my head.My beloved said to me: “Who cares, just write what you like, do what you want. It is YOUR blog!”These were the words I needed to hear, thus transforming my self-doubt to excitement on what started off as a mean to overcome the feeling of isolation to a
|I’ve always like the saying “no fuss, no muss”. After “jigsaw puzzling” with words, I thought the name “Fuss Free Cooking” is best described my approach to home cooking. I simplify my cooking life with the clever use of ready-made sauces, cooking short cuts and simplification of existing recipes. By the way, it is “fuss” free….and not “fast” free. This is the common problem I have when I told people my blog name. Maybe it’s my accent or maybe the word “fuss” is not commonly used in Australia. But guys, it is “fuss free”.Okay I’ve realised that my “about page” has turned into War and Peace ha! If you have made it this far, I’m touched! I thought I’d give you a back story about myself so that my future posts make sense to you.Thanks for reading. I hope you will have as much fun reading as I’ve had creating the content for this blog.Kind Regards,Emily|
Of course you can as long as you provide a link back to my site.
You can either fill in the contact sheet or send me an email to fussfreecooking AT gmail DOT com.
FACEBOOK PAGE: Fuss-Free-Cooking
I’m looking forward to hear from you ~ Emily
- Recipe feature on msn.com: Chocolate Swirl Pumpkin Spiced Smoothie (Article on 10 Pumpkin Drinks That Aren’t Lattes)
- Recipe feature on Brit & Co: Asian Beef & Noodle Soup with 5-Ingredient Beef Broth (Article on 10 Fab Pho Recipes to Make ASAP)
- Recipe feature on Brit & Co: Smoked Salmon, Arugula & Avocado Salad (Article on 17 Recipes That Prove Arugula is Not Just for Salads)
- Recipe feature on Daily Burn: Sweet Potato Calcannon (Article on 8 Healthier St. Patrick’s Day Recipes)
- Recipe feature on Babble: Caffe Mocha Smoothie (Article on 15 Health Smoothie Recipe)
- Recipe feature on Babble: Vegetarian Nachos (Article on 15 Ways to Cook a Cauliflower)
- Recipe feature on The Berry: Soba with Ginger-Miso-Maple Syrup Dressing with Grilled Tofu (Article on Heavy on the Veggies)
- Recipe feature on Green Smoothies 101: Banana, Strawberry & Chia Seeds Smoothie (Article on 24 Healthy Smoothies with Chia Seeds)
- Recipe feature on Jellybean Journals: Overnight Porridge Pancakes (Article on Pancake Recipe Roundup)
- Recipe feature on Buzzfeed: Cornflake Crusted Peanut & Butter Jelly Sandwich (Article on 7 Quick Dinners To Make This Week)
- Recipe feature on Buzzfeed: Crunchy Southern “Deep Fried” Chicken (Article on 31 Healthier Baked Versions of Fried Foods)
- Recipe feature on Buzzfeed: Smoked Salmon, Avocado and Rocket (Arugula) Salad (Article on 29 Super-Easy Avocado Recipes)
- Recipe feature on Buzzfeed: Eggless Coconut, Walnut & Banana Bread (with Chia Seeds) (Article on 31 Healthy and Delicious Ways to Cook with Chia Seeds)
- Recipe feature on The Huffington Post: Instant Mi Goreng (Article on Turn A Cheap Packet of Instant Ramen into A Gourmet Meal)
- Recipe feature on The Huffington Post: Coca Cola “Teriyaki” Chicken (Article on The Fanciest Coca-Cola Glass We Have Ever Seen, By Riedel (Seriously))
- Recipe feature on the Fox News Magazine: Hasselback Caprese Salad (Article on 10 Salad Ideas for People Who Hate Salad)
- Recipe feature on Buzzfeed: Smoked Tofu & Egg Fried Rice (Article on 25 Delicious Ways to Eat Eggs for Dinner)
- Recipe feature on The Huffington Post: Coca Cola “Teriyaki” Chicken (Article on Soda Recipes: Meats and More Made With Dr Pepper, Root Beer and Coca Cola)
- Recipe feature on The Huffington Post: Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Crusted with Cornflakes
- Recipe feature on The Huffington Post: Baked Pasta with Zucchini & Basil Pesto (Article on Pasta Recipes: 14 Ways to Bake Shells, Spaghetti and More)
- Recipe feature on The Kitchn: Caramelized Scallion Noodles (Delicious Links)
- Recipe feature on The Kitchn: Stovetop Macaroni & Cheese with Kale (Article on 5 Fall Must-Make Mac and Cheese Recipes)
- Recipe feature on The Kitchn: Stir-Fried Beef with Five Spice, Hoisin Sauce & Vegetables (Delicious Links)
- Recipe feature on Babble: Gluten Free Cauliflower Fritters (Article on Mouthwatering Sweet and Savory Fritters)
- Recipe feature on Babble: Chocolate Croissants (Article on Sweet Treats to Make with Frozen Puff Pastry)
- Recipe feature on Babble: Baked Blueberry Chocolate Doughnut (Article on Savory-Sweet! Cookies, Candies and More Featuring Olive Oil)
- Recipe feature on the Nursing Post – Issue 21 Rural & Remote Health Publication (Page 37 & 38)
- Recipe feature on the Huffington Post: Five Spiced Chicken Meatball with Leek & Goji Berries (Article on Goji Berry Recipes)
- Recipe feature on The Huffington Post: Spinach & Chicken Curry (Article on Spinach Recipes For When You’re Sick of Kale)
- Recipe feature on Buzzfeed: Kale, Quinoa, Avocado & Roast Chicken Salad (Article on 23 Easy Meals to Make With Store-Bought Roast Chicken)
- Recipe feature on Calgary Herald: Fettuccine with Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
- Recipe feature on Buzzfeed: Panko Crusted Grilled Cheese & Tomato Sandwich (Article on 40 Amazing Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipes)